Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Only Like Velvet In My Cupcakes

I remember being 5 years old and my mother prancing me around in velvet dresses on Christmas. It was tradition. Christmas meant family, presents and velvet. I had very hostile feelings about those dresses. Why? They were itchy, hot and unflattering. Yes, even as a child I was conscious of my attire and wasn't a fan of its bulky silhouette. After I was old enough to have a say in my wardrobe, velvet completely disappeared from my closet, and I was pretty certain I would never cross paths with that dreadful material again. Unfortunetly, someone decided that in the fall of 2009, velvet would make its triumphant return. Sigh.....well, here is a compilation of the different collections featuring velvet this fall.


George Costanza once said, "I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable." Well, now not only is it socially acceptable, it is also in style.


Chloe


Fendi


Marc Jacobs


Prada


Ralph Lauren

1 comment:

  1. as a doctor, i would probably go with the prada wear. as a med student, i don't really love any enough to consider them an option.

    ReplyDelete