Sunday, September 27, 2009

NY Fashion Week Closing Thoughts

So I decided to follow up my last post with some closing remarks and some honorable mentions I didn't have room for. Here is a brief overview of some of the other collections I enjoyed. Cynthia Steffe displayed very cutesy looks with an abundance of ruffles, florals and all things girly. Her designs are totally my taste and I would wear everything she created.


Cynthia Steffe


Cynthia Steffe


Cynthia Steffe

Although, I wasn't a fan of everything she sent down the runway, I loved the black and yellow floral mini dress in Anna Sui's collection. I thought Dennis Basso's juxtaposition of metalics and floral in his collection was both daring and very aesthetically pleasing. Isaac Mizrahi's collection had 2 show-stopping gowns that I thought were joliesimo! If I was a celebrity and needed a dress for the red carpet, I would definitely opt for his black/white gown. It's chic, edgy, and just plain freakin gorgeous.


Anna Sui


Dennis Basso


Dennis Basso


Isaac Mizrahi


Isaac Mizrahi

That's all in New York! I have to end things with the most WTF collection I saw. Alexandre Herchcovitch is either a visionary whose vision I don't quite grasp or is completely tasteless. Not sure which it is, all I can say is, WTF.


Alexandre Herchcovitch


Alexandre Herchovitch

No comments:

Post a Comment