Saturday, January 2, 2010

LFD (Little Floral Dress)

Christian Dior


Well, this is my first entry for 2010 and I thought I'd start by gushing over one of my favorite trends from the Spring/Summer 2010 collections. Although it's still technically winter, and my heater is still on full blast, let's discuss spring dresses. I'm a little obsessed with floral, girly frocks. I own more floral dresses than I care to admit and my favorite way to wear them is by pairing one with a fitted leather jacket and leather boots or wearing one over a pair of lace leggings. I find the juxtaposition of a feminine flowery dress with the edginess of leather to be quite complimentary. It's youthful, it's girly, it's hipster meets rock and roll and it's literally what I wear almost every other day. Here are the pieces that I feel embody the essence of a perfect LFD (little floral dress). The first set are all pricey designer dresses and the last few are the affordable ones that I will probably own in the near future.

Derek Lam

Dolce and Gabbana

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Stella McCartney

Thakoon

MinkPink for Urban Outfitters

TopShop

Forever 21



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy

    I am loving your blog al the colours and prints are great. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im thinking Dolce & Gabbana makes me smile ;) The shoes too....

    Love the blog lu, really!

    ReplyDelete