Sunday, May 2, 2010

Red Carpet - Chopard: 150 Years of Excellence

Chopard, the luxury watch and jewelry company, had an event last Thursday celebrating 150 years of icing out rich people. Speaking of rich people, there were a handful of A-list celebs who showed up. Here is what went down on the red...errr dark green carpet.


Christina Ricci wore a floor-length vintage Galano gown. I have to say, this is her color! It takes a certain look to pull off that much green, and some would argue that it's not easy being green, but I think she looked fabulous. I think her pale complexion, dark hair and green eyes complement this dress perfectly. The only thing I would've changed was her shoes. Open-toed would have been more appropriate with a gown this length but other than that, she looked stunning.


Kate Hudson wore a purple Lanvin dress and although I didn't absolutely love it, it was still a cute dress. She accessorized it appropriately and her hair and make-up was flawless. 


Georgina Chapman, designer for one of my absolute favorite lines (Marchesa), wore one of her own designs and she looked like an adorable little ostrich. The woman is 5 months pregnant and was absolutely glowing in this frock. I loved the feathers and lace. I think there was just the right amount of detail without being overboard. 


Gwyneth Paltrow wore this floor-length Antonio Berardi gown and I think this is the perfect example of when floor-length gowns don't work. Lace is definitely hot this season but this is just way too much. It also isn't flattering at all. It looks too big, too long and is just kind of ugly altogether. She should've taken a cue from Christina's stylist and worn a solid gown or maybe found one that fit her better.


Claire Danes also wore a Lanvin frock to the event but I have nothing to say about it. Not a terrible dress but quite frankly it's boring me to tears looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment