Monday, July 5, 2010

DSQUARED2 is Very Vertebral



It upsets me that medical school has interfered with my blogging since I have so much in the fashion world to be excited about right now. Couture Fashion Week kicked off today and I'm planning on reviewing the collections after viewing them all next week. The couture collections are easily my favorite because it allows the designers to showcase their adventurous, artsy side. It gives them free reign to be as freaky, lavish, grotesque and outrageous as they want to be. It's basically like giving a child permission to color on the walls. Dear God I've missed fashion. I was studying for boards for what seemed like an eternity and completely detached myself from all the fashion news outlets I frequent to allow myself to be a productive student. 

Well, I'm officially back to following what's new and exciting in the realm of fashion and it was tough to decide what I'd blog about first, but after I saw these shoes, I was instantly inspired. I am a huge fan of DSQUARED2. The designing duo (and twin brothers) Dean and Dan Caten are definitely some of the edgiest, creative minds in the industry and I am a huge, huge fan. Their collections are consistently my favorite each season and no detail is overlooked. Let's talk shoes. In their most recent collection, they featured black stiletto sandals with a spine as its heel. Of course, I was immediately drawn to them due to my predilection to all things medical but I'm certain that anyone who appreciates a hot pair of heels would love these shoes. The spiny heels are also featured on boots and pumps so you can make an anatomical statement in any season.

No comments:

Post a Comment