Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Look at Rodarte's Black Swan Costumes


Rodarte's award-winning sister duo of Laura and Kate Mulleavy are two of the most talented (and two of my favorites) in the industry. I was ecstatic when I heard that they were designing costumes for Darren Aronofsky's next film. I was elated when I learned that the film, Black Swan, is about rival ballerinas who perform Swan Lake. I was borderline psychotic/manic when I read that Natalie Portman was going to be playing one of the ballerinas in the movie. Pretty much, what's happening is that a bunch of my favorite things are being put together into one form of art. The first images of Rodarte's costumes hit the interwebs this week and it looks like the Mulleavy sisters are going to treat us to dramatically beautiful and elegant costumes.  I am literally foaming at the mouth right now. I can't wait for this movie to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment