Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emmy Fashion Favorites and Trends


The Emmy's were on Sunday evening and I was actually on call that night so while I was waiting in the ED at Brack for a new patient to admit, I was browsing on my trusty smartphone admiring the red carpet fashions as the beautiful people arrived. My top 10 list for best dressed includes my usual favorites such as the newly (and consistently) chic Kelly Osbourne, Heidi Klum (who will probably never age and will look fierce at 90) and Lea Michele who is quickly becoming one of my favorite young and trendy starlets. First let's start with my best dressed list and later we'll go into a noticeable trend of the evening.


1. Heather Morris in Ina Soltani - I was taken aback to see the usually hilarious and quirky Brittany from Glee look absolutely breath-taking in this Hollywood glamour inspired look. This look is perfection from head to toe. Ms. Morris is officially giving Lea Michele a run for her money as the most fashionable Gleek.


2. January Jones in Atelier Versace - This dress was a close second for me. In the past, I haven't been a fan of Mrs. Draper's award ceremony looks but this dress makes up for all the times she fugged up a red carpet. The color is brilliant and complements her perfectly. I especially love the scale-like texture of the garment and the perfect amount of volume in the skirt.


3. Julie Benz in Pamella Roland - Long white gowns were definitely "the look" of the evening as several celebs were inspired by Roman goddesses but my favorite was definitely Julie Benz's dress. Not only does the dress fit her perfectly, but the styling was spot on. With sleeked back hair and the right amount of jewels, she sincerely looked like a Grecian queen.


4. Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward - This woman keeps shrinking before our eyes. She looks absolutely fantastic and the dress was a great choice for her. I loved the detail in the fabric and draping on the top was lovely. Also I'm thrilled she's back to blonde. The purple/gray coif was doing nothing for her.


5. Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta - So far, she has never disappointed me on the red carpet. This dress is fabulous and I would've placed her higher on my list, maybe even first, if it was just another color. I'm not a fan of the color with this particular texture.


6. Heidi Klum in Marchesa - Heidi Klum in a form-fitting minidress. Enough said.



7. Angela Kinsey in Romona Keveza - I have no idea who this woman is but I absolutely loved her dress! The lace detail is beautiful and is both classic and very contemporary as well. Lovely.


8. Claire Danes in Armani Prive - Similar to Heather Morris's shimmery long gown, this dress is also quite stunning but her minimal styling and lack of contrast made the overall look a bit drab. Still a lovely dress though.


9. Jayma Mays in Burberry Prorsum - How cute is Jayma Mays in Glee? I seriously love every outfit she wears on that show and she definitely looks ferosh on the red carpet as well. This dress was a great choice for her but I just wish she went with a different color. 


10. Julia Ormond in Escada - Finally some color! I loved the rose-inspired shape of the top of the dress and the way it drapes and flows to the ground is beautiful. 

Ok now for a parade of long white and beige gowns. Apparently everyone wanted to be Cleopatra Sunday night. I am a fan of this trend and the ladies all looked lovely but some variety on the red carpet is always appreciated. 














I was planning on making a "Worst Dressed" list too since I love talking crap but honestly, there were only one or two looks that I really disliked. As a whole, the ladies were very well-dressed Sunday evening. I'll save my scathing reviews for another red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment