Wednesday, September 29, 2010

London Fashion Week Highlights

London Fashion Week was overall a bore, per usual. There were a few collections I quite liked, though. Some of my previous British favorites like Matthew Williamson, Christopher Kane and Basso and Brooke failed to impress this time around. No worries. We still have Milan and Paris. Here are a select few collections from London that I loved. Also, since there were only a handful of collections I liked, I decided to add extra-big photos since I have more room and am not as concerned with a super-long post. Enjoy!

1. Burberry Prorsum - Chic fitted leather jackets paired with soft feminine ruffled dresses is a winning combination for Burberry. They had a similar theme last season too and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Love every single piece in this collection. Metallics are also very in this season and both the short and long metallic leather jackets are pretty much a must have for this fall/winter. Take note, ladies!











2. Jonathan Saunders - Lovely bold prints mixed with even bolder colors. I especially enjoyed that the prints resemble a map and appreciated the beautiful fit of the garments. 





3. Sass and Bide - Funky. Fresh. Fabulous. With ruffles, metallic touches and a rock n roll edge, there was a play on hard and soft which was quite refreshing. 






4. Vivienne Westwood Red Label - The dresses were adorable. (Duhh, it's Vivienne Westwood.) But to me what really stood out from this runway show was the makeup. The Avatar-esque blue face makeup was both gorgeous and original. I loved the ethereal shade of powder blue that the models were literally covered in from head to toe. Lovely.







No comments:

Post a Comment