1. Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier Couture (left) and Dior Couture (right) - I've been a fan of Ri-Ri's style for quite some time now because she takes risks and mixes things up but does it in such an elegant way. The Dior dress on the right was my absolute favorite gown from all of the couture collections last year so she definitely gets points for that. Two completely different and fabulous couture looks in one night? Damn, girl. Respect.
2. Lea Michele in Emilio Pucci - The Glee cutie was recently criticized for the risqué plunging neckline on her cover shot for Cosmopolitan magazine so I loved the fact that she rocked this low-cut dress in the midst of the controversy. It was a big slap in the face to all her critics because she looked absolutely stunning. Take that, haters.
3. Florence Welch in Givenchy Couture (left 2), Elie Saab (middle), Yves Saint Laurent (right) - Florence is another lady who was draped in several different fabulous gowns all night. She started the night on the red carpet in a Givenchy couture dress with swan details which was a difficult look to pull off but she looked amazing in it. A definite upgrade from the Bjork swan dress. Later, during the Aretha tribute performance, she donned an Elie Saab embroidered gown that was quite lovely. She again made another dress change into a stunning Yves Saint Laurent gown. I've been a fan of her music but never knew she was such a fashionista! I'm impressed.
4. Jennifer Hudson in Versace - All I can say is WOW. She has made quite the transformation. I love that she is embracing her new fabulous body with style.
5. Heidi Klum in Julien Macdonald - She's a supermodel who doesn't just walk the walk but also knows how to walk with style. She rarely makes bad choices. Last night was no exception.
6. Jennifer Lopez in Emilio Pucci - She looks like a fabulous disco ball. And I love that she wore spiked Louboutins. And those legs.... Jenny from the block has been looking hotter than ever.
7. Selena Gomez in J. Mendel - Ms. Gomez is only 18 but has already caught my eye several times for her elegant fashion choices. Lovely.
8. Keri Hilson in Basil Soda - Everything from the color to the cutouts and neck line was funky and fun. It's refreshing to not see a floor-length gown for once.
9. Kelly Osbourne in Tadashi Shoji - Kelly had been disappointing me recently but redeemed herself last night in this adorable lavender frock.
10. Leann Rimes in Reem Acra - Glitter and gold was definitely a theme last night and Leann Rimes looked fabulous in this gold gown.
11. Anna Nalick - I couldn't find anywhere online who made this dress. Didn't anyone ask her? Why isn't Ryan Seacrest doing his job? Anyways, whoever made this dress, it's adorable and looks great on Anna.
12. Kim Kardashian in Kaufman Franco - Although I didn't love the fit of this dress, the fabric and the overall look was quite glamourous.
13. Snooki - You know why I put her on my best dressed list? Because she doesn't look terrible. She's trying and the dress is actually really cute. Good for you, honey. You don't look like a complete mess.
14. Beyonce - Again no one knows who she's wearing and she didn't walk the red carpet but she looks hot and very very blonde.
15. Mya in Jean Fares Couture - Remember Mya? Because I totally forgot she existed until I saw her in this fabulously ornate couture gown. Way to make a comeback!
And now on to the worst dressed of the evening.....
1. Cyndi Lauper in some unnamed leather monstrosity. Looks like a costume from Hocus Pocus. NAGL.
2. Hayley Williams in Jeremy Scott - Jeremy Scott is typically one of my favorite designers but the pink feathers clashed with the red hair so much that it made this entire look an eyesore.
3. Jordin Sparks in Zang Toi - Jesus, when will the mullet dress die?! It needs to die.
4. Katy Perry in Giorgio Armani - She looks like a Victoria's Secret angel reject. I can't believe Armani custom made this. And those wings are ridiculous.
5. Nicki Minaj in Givenchy - I get that she's trying to be unique and typically she wears funky clothes that are also stylish but this outfit is just a hot mess. If she just wore the dress without the gloves, leggings and shoes, I'd probably put her in the best dressed category, even with that ridiculous wig. Less is more, Nicki.
Lady Gaga in a Hussein Chalayan and Haus of Gaga collaboration - I'm not ranking her in the best or worst category because she gets her own category. And I'm not going to make any "egg" jokes because that will only distract from my point, that she is Lady Effin Gaga and she can and will wear whatever she wants and will make political statements that may or may not make sense. I don't want to hear about who she "copied" because that is irrelevant. She is both a music icon and a fashion icon. She is the creative force in pop music today. She's a little crazy but baby, she was born this way.