Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Model Spotlight: Rick Genest


My latest model obsession is 25 year old Rick Genest who is also referred to as "Zombie Boy". The only reason I know who he is or why anyone in the fashion world speaks his name is due to Nicola Formichetti, the newly crowned creative director at Mugler. Formichetti took an interest in Rick and decided to feature him in his latest fashion shows at Paris Fashion Week and in his Mugler print ads. Formichetti is also one of the fashion directors at the Haus of Gaga and Rick was featured in Gaga's "Born this Way". Rick has subsequently secured editorial campaigns in Vogue Hommes Japan (photo above) and GQ Style. I adore Rick because he's certainly no pretty boy but is absolutely perfect for Mugler. He compliments the aesthetics of the rough and decidedly dark look that Mugler has and although I don't know if he'll be versatile enough to secure other campaigns, I've been seeing this guy everywhere so I suppose he's not too concerned about booking jobs right now. I guess you can say Nicola Formichetti has created a monster.

Mugler's Fall/Winter 2011 show

Spring/Summer 2011 issue of GQ Style




 In Lady Gaga's video for "Born This Way"




No comments:

Post a Comment