Sunday, April 17, 2011

Harper's Bazaar is Gagalicious


First of all, if you're reading this and you haven't seen Lady Gaga in concert, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? I saw her show last week and it was easily the most amazing show I've been to. She is such a dynamic and dedicated entertainer and let's not forget she's a fashion icon. And that brings me to her latest magazine cover/spread. May's Harper's Bazaar features Mother Monster and I have to say, this is the loveliest she's ever looked. The incredible spread was shot by Terry Richardson who is a perverted genius. The cover is striking. She has those fabulous monster cheekbones, the long flowing pink hair and the sexy black Versace top that make her looking quite hegemonically attractive. Ok, spell-check just informed me that "hegemonically" is not a word, but my point is that Gaga always wears outrageous outfits, outlandish wigs and avant-garde make up looks that make her fierce, fabulous and very "Gaga" but never the typical Hollywood bombshell. I think this is the first magazine spread she's done where she looks both fierce and classically beautiful. Let's break down all the fashion looks.


Gaga in custom Alexander McQueen dress and mask. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this look. 


Gaga in Alexander McQueen booties and little else on top of Liberace's piano. I love how in the magazine the footnote for this photo says "Panties: Gaga's own". 


Gaga in Tex Saverio. My favorite look in the spread. She looks absolutely stunning in this gown. 



Gaga in Dior Haute Couture. This photo made me giggle. The school of Gagas is adorable. 


Gaga in Francesco Scognamiglio. This is more "classic Gaga" due to its strange anatomy-inspired bodice. Not my favorite outfit but those macaroons add an adorable burst of color.


Cleaner look of Gaga's cover in Versace. Simply stunning. 


Gaga in Thierry Mugler. Walk, walk fashion baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment