Thursday, July 28, 2011

I See London, I See France...


One of this year's hottest trends is long, sheer dresses. Seen both in the spring and fall collections, this look is equal parts ethereal and sensual. There is an obvious provocative component due to the inevitable display of underpants, but there is also something quite chic about it, no? When I saw Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wear a sheer dress from Gucci's Fall 2011 collection, I was breathless. She looked absolutely stunning. But then again, girlfriend is a model. So the question remains, can regular people like you and I pull off such a daring look? I say hell yes! I noticed stores are now stocking up on long sheer skirts and dresses, many of them with built-in miniskirts or shorts under the daring garments. I think with the proper undergarments, this is a trendy look any girl can confidently rock.

Alberta Ferretti Spring 2011 

Christian Siriano Fall 2011 

Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2011 

Emilio Pucci Spring 2011 


Gucci Fall 2011 

Marc Jacobs Spring 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment