Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jason Wu for Target

Target has yet again teamed up with a big name designer for an affordable yet stylish collection. This time, it's with the young Taiwanese American designing star Jason Wu who rose to fame after designing Michelle Obama's gown at the President's Inauguration. I'm a huge fan of Wu and he has consistently impressed me, especially the past 2 seasons. 

I guess you can say, I was wooed by Wu. And perhaps that's why initially I was expecting more from his Target collection and was disappointed that the clothes were cute but simple. I suppose I was just used to the glamorous garments he sent down the runway. But when I look at the collection as a whole, I get it. It's a collection for Target, and it's target audience (pun intended) is for young girls, not divas with insane budgets. I actually adore the flirty skirts, blouses with bow ties and mixed prints. With a price range of $19.99 to $59.99, I will definitely be at my local Target February 5 - March 6 to pick up these adorable frocks! I just hope it's not a mad frenzy like Missoni for Target or Versace for H&M were last year. I'm betting it will be!




No comments:

Post a Comment